As a company that enjoys doing business on a national scale, we have an opportunity to meet and provide services to a broad cross-section of Canadians. As a result, we live and work in the communities we serve through our local government and industrial-commercial-institutional contracts.
One of our corporate commitments is to promote healthy and more sustainable communities through better solid waste and resource management. We do this by working to increase the amount we recycle and decrease what we send for disposal to a landfill, thereby helping to improve the environment.
That's why we introduced our Make Your Contribution at the Curb!™ program.
It's a special Emterra program - the only one of its kind in Canada - that opens doors for us to partner with the communnities we serve. Together we are able to do more to improve the quality of Canadian life, now and into the future.
Make Your Contribution at the Curb!™ is part of Emterra's Community Care™ program.
- Through our Emterra Tire Recycling division, Emterra will further enhance our local fundraising in the Niagara region by holding two public Eco-Depot days, (one in the spring and the other in the fall), to collect used automobile and truck tires for recycling. Emterra will then donate $1 to the fund (??) for every used tire that is brought in by the area's residents to be recycled.
- In British Columbia, for the municipalities of Courtenay and Comox, Emterra collects recycling and waste from approximately 14,200 households and businesses. This results in about 4,800 tonnes of recycable materials collected each year. At a donation of $1 per tonne of recycling colleced, this equals close to $5,000 per year that gets donated to the local hospital for the purchase of much needed equipment and special care programs. In the past, our donations helped equip St. Joseph's General Hospital's maternal care unit... this year we will be supporting its cardiac care unit. "The challenge to the residents of Courtenay and Comox is the same. Recycle more and we'll donate even more to local healthcare," Emmie Leung, CEO promised.
See the Community Care™ program in action here.”
Other Emterra Community Care™ Programs:
- Make your Contribution at the Curb
- Burlington Green – Green Up, Clean Up Annual Event
- Hamilton/Burlington Bereaved Families of Ontario home chef competition called "Bay Area Dads for Dads Ultimate Chef 2012"
- Chilliwack's Salvation Army Shred-A-Thon's
- Royal Canadian Henley Regatta
- Southern Tier Admirals Hockey Corporation
We are always looking for new ways we can support the communities we serve. Contact us with your Emterra Community Care™ program event or idea.