Benefits to CLP Customers
Liquids Product Destruction & Confidential Disposal
The benefits of having Canadian Liquids Processors (CLP) handle product recalls, production overruns, marketing mistakes, damaged product, (e.g. from accidents), and other consumer product disposal, destruction and recycling include:
- Confidentiality – product destruction information including why, how much and where is never made public.
- Security - products are typically destroyed within 48 hours. We cater to special security needs on request, including witnessed destruction. With 24 hour video monitoring and live security, products that come to CLP stay at CLP.
- CLP Certification of Destruction – we can assist in obtaining Excise Tax rebates and we offer government-witnessed destruction services and the facilitation of various excise taxation forms (e.g. E15, B60).
- Environmental Responsibility - All packaging and liquids are separated. Packaging is recycled and liquid waste is transformed into ethanol. CLP recovers, remanufactures and recycles at least 99% of the waste received for destruction.
- Glass Recovery - All container glass received at CLP (flint, amber, green and other) is recycled and remanufactured into new container glass.
- Recycling of Other Packaging - We recycle all packaging associated with product destruction to add to your waste diversion records including glass, plastic (PET, HDPE, LDPE), aluminum, steel, cartons, cardboard and other fibers.
Our facility processes bulk products or packaged beverages including:
- Alcoholic Liquids – beer, wine, coolers, distilled spirits and flavorings.
- Non-alcoholic Liquids – pop, juice, fruit-flavored drinks, sports drinks, and concentrates.
- Partially Processed Alcohols and Sugars – bulk distilled spirits, distillation heads, industrial alcohols, corn syrup and molasses.
- Other Materials – such as organic liquids, pharmaceuticals, health and beauty products and tobacco.
Other services include:
- Trailer staging and transportation
- Rental of bins, trailers, gaylords, balers and other equipment
- Certificates of Destruction