Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Our commitment on accessibility
At Emterra Group we are committed to ensuring that we provide a safe, welcoming, barrier-free and accessible environment for our employees, customers, suppliers, job applicants and visitors who enter onto our premises, do business with us, access our website and communicate with us.
Laws and rules
The standards and rules on providing accessible customer service are set out in the:
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/07) and the Integrated Accessibility Standards (Ontario Regulation 191-11)
An Accessibility Standard for Customer Service report has been e-filed with the Government of Ontario email@example.com
Customer Service Accessibility Policies
Emterra Group established, implemented and maintained a Customer Service Accessibility policy on January 1, 2012. This policy was reviewed and revised on June 9, 2014. Please refer to Policy Number 1.0. The Customer Service Accessibility policy will be reviewed annually.
Information and Communication Standard
The Customer Service Accessibility policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be posted on Emterra Group’s website in 2014. The policy and plan will be provided in accessible format, upon request.
Training has been completed by persons at Emterra Group that have developed the policies, plans, and practices related to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as follows;
Understanding Human Rights Training (AODA)
AODA Express Customer Service Training
Integrated Accessibility Standards – Information / Communication & Employment Standards
Ontario Human Rights Commission- Understanding Human Rights Training (AODA)
Ministry of Community & Social Services - Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
Emterra Group will provide training to employees who deal with the public on our behalf. Employee Training is scheduled throughout 2014.
Employee Training will include;
An overview of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act,
How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability,
How to interact with persons with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a guide animal or a support person,
How to use equipment that is available on the premises that may help in the provision of goods or services,
Information on Emterra Group’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of goods and services to people with disabilities, and
Employees will also be trained when any changes are made to Emterra Group’s plan or policies.
A feedback process has been developed and will be posted on Emterra Group website, as follows;
Feedback may be provided;
- In person
- By telephone / TTY
- In writing
- By email, or Any other communication technology, as requested
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the Human Resources Department. The feedback will be acknowledged and the person providing the feedback will be notified of any actions taken by the company. All feedback will be evaluated annually in conjunction with the annual review of the Customer Service Standard policy review.
An Employment Standard policy will be developed and implemented in accordance with the regulation requirements. The standard will address the following areas of employment;
- Engage in the proactive identification, removal and prevention of barriers hindering the full participation in employment of persons with disabilities,
- Design procedures for establishing individual accommodation plans where barriers cannot be removed proactively,
- Ensure that Emterra Group’s performance management, career development and advancement is informed and/or applied in a manner consistent with employee accommodation needs or plans; and
- Provide the means to deliver accessible formats and other related communication supports and services of various documents upon an employee’s request.
- Notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request,
- Notify the successful applicant of Emterra Group’s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities when making offers of employment.
Communicate Emergency Response Information to Employees
- Provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability,
- Designate an assistance provider, if necessary and obtain employee consent,
- Review the individualized workplace emergency response information periodically.
Return to Work
- Have a return to work process for employees absent from work due to disability and require disability-related accommodations to return to work.
The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed annually and updated at least once every five years.
To view our Multi-Year Accessibility Plan in a pdf format please click here.
To view our Customer Service Accessibility Policy in a pdf format please click here.