Job Description: VP Operations, Prairie Region
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number VPOP-WIN-001.
|Job Title:||VP Operations, Prairie Region|
A. Job Purpose:
The VP of Operations, Prairie Region will be responsible for the overall management and development of Emterra Environmental’s municipal and ICI sales, material collection, and material recovery operations across Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
This is a newly created role that is responsible for developing and managing the overall operational capability, profitability and profile of Emterra in the Prairie Region. This is a key position within Emterra’s National Leadership Team with a real opportunity to have a significant impact in a rapidly evolving organization and market.
Emphasis will be placed on developing, managing and improving plant and fleet operations and assessing, designing, and implementing a comprehensive operations, ICI, and business development strategy that meets the current and future needs of our growing business in this market. Such plans must take into consideration impending changes pertaining to EPR, recycling regulations, the growing emphasis on sustainability, and the increasing involvement of Stewards in the field of waste diversion and resource management.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Strong technical ability with respect to financial and operational analysis and management.
- P&L responsibility for $20M+ in revenues and 3 Single Stream MRFs, a mid-size fleet of light and medium duty trucks, and a growing ICI division.
- Coach and develop the management team to achieve objectives.
- Create a performance culture providing the support and tools to ensure team success.
- Oversee all plant and fleet operations, administration, business development, and ICI sales in Manitoba and Saskatchewan with approximately 200+ staff.
- Identify and execute improvement initiatives for material collection and processing operations to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement ICI sales strategies and manage regional sales personnel to achieve sales objectives.
- Coordinate the transfer of best practices, relevant information, and internal expertise in collection and material processing operations within the organization.
- Develop strategy and lead team charged with bid formulation for municipal and ICI collection and material processing and marketing contracts.
- Identify and execute new business opportunities through leveraging existing infrastructure.
- Identify relevant operational KPIs for the development of corporate performance management dashboard.
- Identify, report, and implement technologies to increase the efficiency and effectiveness and/or reduce the environmental impact of material collection and processing operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of waste management public policy, recycling regulations and EPR.
- Develop regional strategy aligned with corporate strategy.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and communications with CEO and VP, Strategy and Business Development.
- Other special projects as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
The candidate will possess a business or other applicable degree along with a minimum 10 years of experience in the waste and/or recycling field. In addition, the candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience using metrics to measure and report progress.
- Strong analytical skills and Excel skills.
- Excellent leadership, motivational and coaching skills.
- Strong communication, influencing, and collaboration skills.
- Superior negotiation skills to garner win-win outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to be both strategic and tactical in rolling out programs and initiatives that are aligned with overall organizational goals.
- Demonstrated project management skills involving multiple complex projects occurring concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships and gain credibility across all levels of the organization and the industry.
- A creative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to present to large audiences and have experience as a public speaker.
This role requires the individual to embrace and lead through the values of innovation and entrepreneurialism.
The ideal candidate is ambitious and career-oriented and will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is based out Winnipeg, Manitoba and will require regular travel across the Prairie Region.
D. Working Environment: