Job Description: Payroll Administrator (Burlington)
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number PAY-ONT-003.
Payroll Administrator (10-12 Month Contract)
|Reports To:||Corporate Controller|
A. Job Purpose:
The Payroll Administrator ensures that all aspects of the payroll cycle for 300+ employees and benefits administration are processed in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with Company and government policies.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure all data files are complete for transmission to ADP.
- Investigate and resolve payroll issues with management at various operating locations.
- Create and/or run reports from payroll or time and attendance system.
- Act at time and attendance system administrator.
- Ensure the timely processing of journal entries into the accounting system.
- Prepare reconciliations for payroll accounts.
- Prepare and submit payroll deductions and remittances on a timely basis and ensure records are up to date.
- Prepare commercial sales reports and process commission reports for payment.
- Prepare T4’s, ROE’s, and various payroll reports as requested.
- Reconcile WSIB, EHT and payroll deductions for annual reporting.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare cash receipts deposit and other banking requirements.
- Coordinate employee benefits and administration as necessary.
- Provide input for the development of policies and procedures for locations in multiple provinces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Successful completion of Canadian Payroll Association certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a multi-location environment.
- Experience with ADP and time and attendance systems is required.
- Experience with hourly and salaried payroll.
- Accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills particularly in the use of MS Office.
- Detail oriented and ability to work to tight timelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
D. Working Environment: