Job Description: Mechanic (Winnipeg)
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number MECH-WIN-002.
|Reports To:||Manager, Fleet Maintenance|
A. Job Purpose:
The main responsibility of this role is to be able to diagnose and complete repairs on all facility vehicles in a safe and timely manner.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and consistent with company policy and manufacturer specifications.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Maintain proper maintenance reports and or work orders.
- Communicate regularly with manager regarding repairs, status and concerns.
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation.
- Provide guidance and instruction to apprentice maintenance personnel.
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 3-5 years working on truck fleets.
- Experience with natural gas fleets would be a definite asset.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Willing to learn and participating in company training.
- Must be able to work shifts.
- Computer literate with experience using MS Office and fleet management systems.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Class 3 drivers’ licence.
D. Working Environment: