Job Description: Engineering Intern (Surrey, BC)
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number ENG-SUR-001.
|Job Title:||Engineering Intern/Junior Engineer|
|Reports To:||Director, Special Projects & Process Improvement|
A. Job Purpose:
To assist the Director, Special Projects and Process Improvement to prepare the necessary documentation, equipment and monitor progress for technical projects across the organization. The incumbent will be a key contributor in supporting the execution of the company’s strategic plans and maintaining the company’s position as a technical and operational leader in the industry.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Prepare mechanical construction drawings in conjunction with the architectural, structural and electrical designs.
- Assist in the design and development of power equipment and systems, and industrial process control systems.
- Provide support in areas of commissioning and operation of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and systems and performance test protocols.
- Prepare technical operating procedures, project proposals and manuals and reports.
- Assist with the inspection of materials, specifications and quantities.
- Check and cross reference drawings and assist in producing as-build drawings for operations.
- Perform feasibility studies for proposed equipment, systems or processes.
- Monitor ground improvements, installations and testing.
- Coordinate and meet with project teams to discuss requirements and constraint issues.
- Conduct task reviews to ensure alignment with technical drawings and specifications.
- Prepare preliminary reports and update daily activities for management review.
- Maintain current records for each project.
- Perform drafting design on some projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma
- Internship or previous working experience in a mechanical engineering role an asset.
- Good knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of mechanical engineering.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of 2D and 3D modelling.
- Ability to read, interpret and create mechanical drawings.
- Working knowledge of mechanical tools and equipment.
D. Working Environment:
Office environment with regular travel to project locations across Canada.
Interested in this job? Apply now quoting reference number ENG-SUR-001.