Job Description: Collection Truck Operator
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number DRIV-WIN-001.
|Job Title:||Collection Truck Operator
|Reports To:||Route Supervisor
A. Job Purpose:
Responsible for ensuring recycling and/or garbage collection routes are completed on schedule and collected materials are transported to the designated facility(s) for processing or disposal.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- The safe & efficient operation of a class 3 (with air brakes) heavy duty truck.
- Adhere to, and conduct all activities according to the collection schedule.
- Collect residential curbside and /or multi-family residential waste, yard waste, bulky items, and recyclable materials in a professional manner that meets or exceeds the requirements of the contract.
- Daily inspection of vehicle and documentation of daily inspection.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Minimum 1 year working experience driving a vehicle requiring a Class 3 (with air brake) licence.
- High School Diploma.
- Industry experience is an asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Ability to read and write in English language.
- Available to work overtime, including statutory holidays & Saturdays.
- Clean drivers’ abstract.
- Must hold valid Class 3 (with air brakes) drivers licence.
D. Working Environment:
In city, on-road, front street & back lane collection, occasional tight areas & corners, work single or with helper, year around in various weather conditions, new cab-over style CNG fueled trucks equipped with AC, GPS, AVL, multiple cameras, backup sensors & alarms.
Interested in this job? Apply now quoting reference number DRIV-WIN-001.