Job Description: Dispatch
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number DISP-BUR-001.
|Reports To:||Operations Manager|
A. Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the dispatcher is responsible for the effective management and coordination of a fleet of drivers and vehicles. The incumbent is charged with ensuring that the team services its clients efficiently while meeting a high standard of customer service.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Supervise fleet personnel to ensure proper allocation of human resources and equipment in order to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Act as a liaison between customers and drivers and dispatch drivers to required locations.
- Schedule assignments and co-ordinate activities of drivers and equipment.
- Liaise with other operating locations to maximize equipment efficiency and utilization.
- Work with Operations Manager and inter-company staff to maintain equipment consistent with the preventative maintenance program and CVOR requirements. Schedule maintenance repairs as required.
- Respond to queries from employees and customers regarding service issues.
- Contact commercial customers to ensure service requirements are met and provide information regarding alternative or new services.
- Establish routing based on contract requirements and update as needed.
- Prepare various daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Create purchase orders and receive materials.
- Scale inbound and outbound materials and direct drivers to appropriate loading dock.
- Prepare necessary paperwork relating to shipping schedules, customs, fueling, loading and provide to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure weights of outbound loads are correct and direct shipping staff to adjust as necessary.
- Prepare and print driver route sheets.
- Greet and direct visitors and perform general office duties.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- At least 3 years experience as a dispatcher in the waste management or transportation industry.
- Computer literate. Sound knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel. Previous experience with routing software a plus.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to identify and constructively make recommendations regarding operational improvements.
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and various equipment types.
- Knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act, hours of service logs, load security and Regulation 347 of the Environmental Protection Act.
- A positive attitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility to work day/afternoon shift.
- Clean criminal record.
D. Working Environment:
Dispatch office environment.
Interested in this job? Apply now quoting reference number DISP-BUR-001.