Job Description: Corporate Communications Coordinator
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number COMM-BUR-001.
|Job Title:||Corporate Communications Coordinator|
|Reports To:||VP Corporate Strategy & Business Development|
A. Job Purpose:
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating various messages on Emterra’s social media pages and content generation including electronic and print communications, maintaining media library and up to date maintenance of website content.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate creation and update web-content for Emterra Canadian and US websites; responsible for content-related protocols to keep web site up to date.
- Provide organization-wide e-communications support.
- Pioneer Emterra’s social media participation; write and manage social media content, post the content to our social media accounts; respond to other’s social media posts.
- Lead efforts to remain up-to-date and effective in electronic communications via regular meetings and conversations.
- Actively monitor Emterra’s on-line reputation.
- Create and maintain the organization-wide communications calendar.
- Organize and maintain a central library of company communications and marketing information
- Manage creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications (brochures, posters).
- Manage creation and selection of photography for print and electronic communications.
- Support the development and execution of identity and collateral materials for major organizational initiatives.
- Update various municipal collection schedules for our US municipal clients; in consultation with the Operations Managers.
- Obtain vendor quotes for various print collateral (e.g. brochures, sell sheets, posters).
- Provide our SEO consultant with news releases and other content to search engine optimize and distribute via various PR sites.
- Conduct research on media relations programs for selected events and activities.
- Maintain media archives.
Other duties as assigned
- Support event planning at industry trade shows, sponsored community events, and internal company events (e.g. lunch & learns).
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Post secondary education (e.g. college diploma in related field).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent internet research skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator) an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design and website management
- A customer focused attitude and the ability to listen to customer needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
D. Working Environment: