Job Description: Assistant Controller - MICH
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number ACTRL-MICH-001.
|Job Title:||Assistant Controller|
|Division:||Emterra Environmental USA|
A. Job Purpose:
The Assistant Controller ensures that financial reporting requirements and the financial statements are accurate, complete and timely.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Manage and coordinate the financial administration and provide support to management by preparing complete set of financial statements including the income statement and general ledger analysis.
- Assist divisional managers to prepare annual budgets.
- Perform the month end close and account analysis.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of financial controls and tracking systems which provide reasonable assurance that financial operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, policies and procedures are followed.
- Organize departmental assignments and supervise staff to ensure timelines are met and work is completed accurately.
- Actively participate in process improvements, such as improved integration of subsystems to accounting processes and departmental integration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Post secondary education.
- 5 years of full cycle accounting experience and recognized accounting designation or near completion.
- Detail oriented with advanced computer skills, particularly using MS Excel.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience with Great Plains would be an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
D. Working Environment:
Interested in this job? Apply now quoting reference number ACTRL-MICH-001.