Job Description: Senior Accountant
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume quoting reference number ACCT-SUR-002.
|Job Title:||Senior Accountant
|Reports To:||Regional Controller|
A. Job Purpose:
To manage and coordinate the financial administration of two divisions by supporting the budgeting process and preparing monthly divisional financial statements.
B. Specific Accountabilities:
- Manage and coordinate the overall financial administration of two divisions and provide support to management by preparing complete set of divisional financial statements including the income statement and general ledger analysis. Assist divisional managers to prepare annual budgets.
- Assist with month end close; maintain various schedules such as fixed assets and truck related amortization schedules; book month end adjusting entries; reconcile bank statements.
- Supervise payroll activities.
- Participate in design, development and implementation of financial controls and tracking systems which provide reasonable assurance that financial operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, policies and procedures are followed.
- Organize departmental assignments and possibly supervise payables or receivables.
- Actively participate in process improvements, such as improved integration of subsystems to our accounting processes and departmental integration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
C. Minimum Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Post secondary education.
- 3 years of full cycle accounting experience and enrolled in a recognized accounting designation program.
- Must have prior experience supervising payroll.
- Detail oriented with advanced computer skills, particularly using MS Excel.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience with RTA Fleet Management Software, Route Optix, Materials Manager or Great Plains would be an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Preference will be given to those who have systems integration or implementation experience.
D. Working Environment:
Interested in this job? Apply now quoting reference number ACCT-SUR-002.